Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It is May, 2012!!! I really need to get my act together and start blogging on a daily basis. That was my whole intention when I started this blog. To post every day and to share with you my rambling thoughts, my adventures and some of my photography. So! From here on in, I will be making a concerted effort to keep this up!

My most recent adventure was my annual solo canoe trip in Algonquin Park. Algonquin has a very special place in my heart, it was the first provincial park I can recall ever going to with my folks. The very first time I saw Moose, a Bear, Loons! It was the first place I ever paddled a canoe solo, I believe I was under the age of 10, if I recall correctly, I was 6.

I am so grateful to my parents for helping instil a love of the outdoors in me. Being able to get away from it all, paddle a canoe across a glassy lake, surrounded by nothing but the wilderness is a special thing. Sitting by a roaring fire, the sky dancing with millions and millions of stars, it simply does not get any better in my humble opinion. Combine that with S'mores and you can't go wrong.

Reflecting on pines

Cheers,
Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment